This weekend I was dogsitting for some friends in the Financial District, so I took this as my opportunity to explore parts of town I rarely visit. Some thoughts from a weekend spent mainly (and happily) by myself:
- A good brunch is just as satisfying by yourself (and a good book) as with friends
- Dogs really are man’s best friend
- Once you splurge on something, its hard to go back to the not-splurge versions of the same thing
- The more you honk the less effective it becomes. So quit.
- 15% Discount at Banana Republic with a student ID — all the time!
- I didn’t see a single celebrity in 6 hours’ worth of rambling around Tribeca, Soho and the Village
- I should visit Washington Square Park more often
- Shake Shack is probably overrated. But I wouldn’t know because I didn’t have the patience to wait in line.
- I saw a girl chase a squirrel with her laptop, facing away from her, presumably so that whoever she was video chatting with could see the squirrel. Draw your own conclusions.
- Eataly is the best thing to happen to me since….I went to Italy
- A bad burger shared with a friend is still a great lunch
- The best-dressed children hang out near Chambers Street
- No matter what, Subway construction is a pain in the ass
Alright now I’m just grasping at straws here. That may or may not be the product of a House marathon Saturday night. I had good intentions of leaving the apartment, but ….